The Salvation Army Lawson Ministries Hamilton is anetwork of community partnerships and services developed toassist people with developmental disabilities to befull members of their communities. The philosophyof our programis to assist peoplein gaining skills tolive to their maximumpotential in all areas of theirlives, includingresidential, day opportunities, social, health & wellnessand spiritual.
We are a community based organization offeringresidential, group living, supportedindependent living, employment supports,ArtTherapy, bus training,anda wide variety of meaningful day opportunities for individuals wesupport. Our goal is to deliverhigh quality programs that reflect the needs of the individuals we support,while working in ateam environment and upholdingthe Salvation Army’s vision, mission, and values.
• Developmental Social Worker Diploma or equivalent in Human Services field
• ASD Background and experience working with difficult behaviors an asset
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and vulnerable populations, essential
• Experience in developing, implementing and evaluation of effective individualized program plans
• Experience in assessing and networking with community and accessing necessary resources
• Current First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with Defibrillation training and current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification required
• Pharmacology training and experience in medication administration necessary
• Lifts & Transfer training an asset
• Personal Care Support experience an asset
• Current Police Check required
• Good communication skills– verbal, written and e-mail
• Computer literacy necessary
• Participation in and facilitation of group meetings & discussions
• Development of adult action plans
• Coordination of adult recreational activities
• Contribute, as part of a multi-disciplinary therapeutic team, to the evaluation of student progress and modification of individual plans, as required
• Help ensure the therapeutic goals of the program in general, and the individual therapeutic plans for the adults, are realized
• Provide comprehensive written reports as required in a timely manner
The Salvation Army Lawson Ministries embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants for applying; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.