Full-Time Sales/Events Specialist – Hamilton #jobs #HamOnt
Do you love special events? Would you like to transform ordinary moments into extraordinary memories? Then we would like to welcome you as our next Event Sales Specialist at Carmen’s!
The Event Sales Specialist ensures that our standards of customer service and satisfaction are exceeded from the moment the guest step through our doors.
Be part of our team of champions and elevate your career to the next level! Work for Hamilton’s most esteemed hospitality establishment with prestigious brand offering and extensive development opportunities.
OPPORTUNITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Prospecting and soliciting both new and repeat social and event business from the Greater Hamilton area
- Conduct sales calls and be the first point of contact for prospective and returning clients
- Track and/or update the customer information in the customer database
- Conduct wedding and event sales appointments with prospective clients, show them the facility
- Utilize effective sales techniques to promote weddings and events at Carmen’s Banquet Centre; close deals with prospective and existing clients
- Conduct follow up sales appointments as required on any leads
- Communicate details effectively to the Wedding Event Coordinator to support their efforts in planning the event for the guests
- Work with various internal departments to ensure seamless customer contact and delivery
- Respond to customer needs and concerns in a friendly, timely and efficient manner
- Create event and wedding sales contracts, outline details with clients
- Collect deposits from clients as required
- Ensure all Wedding Story booklets are properly prepared for upcoming signings
- Track sales, ensuring target are being achieved
- Stay current with industry trends, adapt to information regarding product innovations, competitors and market conditions
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings prior to all events to guarantee successful execution
- Other duties as required
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience as an event or hospitality professional is required
- 2-4 years of sales experience in hospitality or travel and tourism is required
- Post – Secondary education, in Business Administration or Hospitality. A sales or marketing Degree from a recognized University is considered an asset.
- Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA) certification is an asset
- High level of attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- A team-oriented approach to work with strong abilities to provide and receive professional feedback for collective growth.
- Customer service mindset as well as a high level of ethics and integrity.
- Flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends, and can adapt to high stressful situations.
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s The Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s and Dundas Valley Golf and Curling Club. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen’s Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen’s Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to email@example.com and indicate what job position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
280 total views, 8 today