Full-Time Pre-Apprenticeship for Women – General Machinist – Hamilton #jobs #HamOnt
This no-cost program provides participants with technical training and job coaching to start their career in the manufacturing sector. Participants receive hands-on training at Mohawk College, employability skills training and an 8-week placement related to their field.
What do Machinists do?
General Machinists produce parts by interpreting drawings, selecting the most appropriate raw materials and performing calculations. They use a variety of machines and tools to cut shapes. They finish metal to make precision machined parts and components used in all areas of manufacturing.
General Machinists are also responsible for setting up and operating both conventional and numerically controlled metal-cutting machines and equipment, including saws, drills, grinders, lathes and mills.
· Female or non-binary, 18 years or older
· Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident (legally able to work in Canada)
· Able to provide proof of Grade 12, GED or equivalent
· Available full time for the length of the 6-month program
· Pre-Employment Training at YWCA Hamilton – April to May
· Technical and In-Shop Training at Mohawk College – May to August
· Work Placements – August to October
How to ApplyContact Danielle Scott, Program Coordinator, 905.522.9922 ext. 142 Information Session: Tuesday, April 30 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM 75 MacNab Street South
339 total views, 2 today