Full-Time Logistics Coordinator
• Monitor daily rail shipments
• Manage private railcar fleet of 289 railcars
• Order and expedite railcar requirements over and above the private fleet
• Manage internal systems
• Work with other departments to ensure smooth flow of goods and a high level of customer satisfaction
• Processing and maintaining CTPAT and US DOT requirements. Interact with customers and suppliers via telephone, email, internet communication
• Coordinate barge and ocean freight as required
• Ensure Railcar loading is prioritized based on customer requirements
• Assist in resolving invoice discrepancies
• Assist with day to day trucking requirements as needed
• Participate in rate negotiations
• Ad hoc assignments as needed
• College Business Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Business
• Additional professional designation or certification is an asset; Ex-APICS
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a logistics environment, experience in manufacturing or production environment is an asset
• Experience with Class I and Short Line Railways. Canadian and US railway knowledge is required – minimum 1 year.
• Experience with Barge / Vessel movement. Working knowledge of, and experience with, MARSEC.
• Strategic thinker who is action-oriented, driven to succeed, and results-oriented
• Must be familiar with general transportation terminology
• Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Proficiency with technology and MS Office based software packages. Above average Excel and SAP proficiency is required.
• French speaking, reading and writing proficiency is an asset, but not required
• Periodic travel to other locations’ as required. Canadian Citizenship and Valid Canadian Passport is required.
• Ability to tend to emails or emergencies in off-hours.
How to ApplyContact us today! Phone: 905-538-0777 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
371 total views, 9 today