Permanent HM4913- The Salvation Army Lawson Ministries Relief Posting- Hamilton #jobs #HamOnt #Halton #Oakville #Milton
The Salvation Army
Lawson Ministries Hamilton
The Salvation Army Lawson Ministries Hamilton is a network of community partnerships and services developed to assist people with developmental disabilities to be full members of their communities. The philosophy of our program is to assist people in gaining skills to live to their maximum potential in all areas of their lives residential, day opportunities, social, health & wellness and spiritual.
We are a community based organization offering residential, group living, supported independent living, employment supports, Art Therapy, bus training, and a wide variety of meaningful day opportunities for individuals we support. Our goal is to deliver high quality programs that reflect the needs of the individuals we support, while working in a team environment and upholding the Salvation Army’s vision, mission, and values.
We are currently looking for new members of our team who are eager to make a real, positive impact in the lives of individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Developmental Social Worker Diploma or equivalent in Human Services field.
- ASD Background and experience working with difficult behaviours an asset
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with adults with developmental disabilities and vulnerable populations, essential.
- Experience in developing, implementing and evaluation of effective individualized program plans.
- Experience in assessing and networking with community and accessing necessary resources.
- Current First Aid & Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation with Defibrillation training and current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification required
- Pharmacology training and experience in medication administration necessary.
- Lifts & Transfer training an asset.
- Personal Care Support experience an asset.
- Must have valid, full driver’s license as well as Driver’s Abstract required and vehicle an asset.
- Current Police Check required.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to provide a supportive and nurturing environment.
- Good communication skills – verbal, written and e-mail
- French language written and verbal skills an asset
- Computer literacy necessary.
Position: 0-44 hours per week (Multiple positions)
Start Date: ASAP
Please note, this position is not eligible for RRSP or Health Benefits.
The Salvation Army Lawson Ministries embraces a culture of diversity and inclusion and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. We will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements. We thank all applicants for applying; however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
How to ApplyIf you feel that you have the skills to join our team, email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org ***Goodwill Career Centre Clients please update your Job Developer and your Career Development Specialist of your interest in this position***
2152 total views, 8 today