Full-Time HD 7187- JOB COACH/VOLUNTEER PLACEMENT COORDINATOR
Join our team as a FULL-TIME JOB COACH/VOLUNTEER PLACEMENT COORDINATOR
for Goodwill, The Amity Group at our King William Street location.
This is a fixed-term, maternity leave contract opportunity for a period of up to one year in length, consisting of 37.5 hours per week, with benefits and sick time, with an annual wage of $40,195
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant education and/or experience assisting persons to achieve positive outcomes
- Post-Secondary education / certification in related discipline
- 2-3 years’ experience working with individuals with disability related barriers, and/or developing community partnerships leading to increased opportunities for volunteerism
- Able to work with a high degree of independence
- Willingness and ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized and able to manage own time effectively
- Strong professional and work ethic
- High degree of computer literacy using a variety of MS Office software including but not limited to Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Keen understanding of volunteerism and the complexities of managing and motivating volunteer participants and enhancing participation through appropriate placement matching
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides station support and job coaching as required and identified within the client service plan.
- Tracks participant progress through in-house tracking system, reporting results to TEAM Case Manager on a weekly basis
- Provides intervention and mediation when required.
- Provides adequate feedback to participant and works in conjunction with VP Employment Services to address service planning needs
- Takes responsibility for understanding and addressing safety issues for the job and equipment operated.
- Build the volunteer element of the TEAM program such that clients can easily transition into meaningful placements that reflect their abilities
- Foster relationships with local businesses and organizations such that Goodwill becomes a source for filling volunteer needs
- Market program and clients to local businesses and organizations in effort to generate volunteer opportunities
- Follow-up with volunteer hosts and monitor client progression
- Meet / exceed key performance indicators inclusive of placement rates, employer contacts, and job coaching targets as defined in program description
How to ApplyPlease apply by February 17, 2018 with resume & cover letter, by e-mail to: Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Goodwill is an equal opportunity employer, and encourages applications from all groups. Goodwill offers accommodations for applicants with disabilities. If you are contacted by us regarding this position, please advise if you require accommodations.
405 total views, 6 today