Full-Time Forklift Operator
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Counterbalance/Forklift Operator operates the forklift to source and load/unload products onto vehicles in an efficient and safety conscious manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
- Operates forklift, consistently practicing safe operating habits to load and unload vehicles, transport material and prepare loads for delivery.
- Performs routine and regular preventative maintenance of vehicle advising supervisor of required repairs. Complete forklift inspection sheet daily.
- Prepares orders for delivery including identifying, locating and securing material as per shipping memo and completing paperwork.
- Builds and arranges customer orders and loads onto vehicle giving consideration to safety/security of load, minimizing potential for damage in transport, order of use by customer and routing of vehicle. Secures load to vehicle.
- Receives returned material, completes sold sticker for re-delivery or returns material to stock as directed.
- Checks prepared loads for accuracy and completeness, takes the required measure to correct as needed.
- Acts as a Driver’s Helper as required, assisting driver with manually unloading and transporting material.
***Must be able to work Afternoon/evening shifts.
- Position requires knowledge of wood types/grades and familiarity with seasonal products and storage/damage handling procedures.
- Position requires a valid reach truck certificate.
- Prior shipping, receiving and loading experience is an asset.
- Position requires an individual who is self-motivated and possesses strong organizational skills.
- Position requires physical exertion including bending, lifting and carrying products.
- Position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and is able to meet strict deadlines.
Our recruitment process includes a detailed background check on candidates, including a reference check, and or a criminal/credit history (dependent on the position applied for). Internal candidates applying for a management/supervisory position may also be required to undergo a background check. RONA is committed to providing an environment that is accessible to persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance so arrangements can be made.
How to ApplyIf interested in this role, please send your resume to RDC3110careers@lowes.com
402 total views, 7 today