Part-Time Decor and Set-up – Hamilton #jobs #HamOnt
Carmen’s Banquet Centre is an elegant venue that has served as a Hamilton landmark for over 35 years. Carmen’s Banquet Centre creates a grand, elegant and timeless setting for any event. Carmen’s Banquet Centre is part of Carmen’s Group; an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary experiences to our clients and guests.
Carmen’s Banquet Centre sets the stage for events, whether they are corporate functions or classic, chic weddings. If you have the desire to enter the world of event management and work on the Décor and Set up team, while looking to join a team of champions we want to meet you.
AT CARMEN’S BANQUET CENTRE OUR DÉCOR AND SET UP PERSONNEL:
Are confident and enthusiastic about their role in creating memories for our guests.
Work in a welcoming and romantic environment where we lead by example and work as a team of champions to achieve results.
Play an integral part in making the guest’s vision come to life by transforming the event spaces with décor, furniture, linens and other accessories
This is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to work in the hospitality and event industry and enjoys weddings and events. We offer part time opportunities with early morning, overnight and weekends. This is a great role for those who are looking to balance other work and/or school commitments in a fast paced, exciting environment.
THE DÉCOR AND SET UP PERSONNEL AT CARMEN’S BANQUET CENTRE HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Ensure the client’s ideas come to life, by setting up each event space to reflect their vision
- Prepare event spaces by moving, arranging and setting up furniture as per event contact
- Decorate head table and all presentation tables with linens and/or skirting and/or any accent pieces
- Complete setting of guest tables included but not limited to: linens, charger plates, dishware, flatware, glassware, centerpieces and napkins
- Set up tables and chairs based on the number of guests attending the event
- Tear down of tables, chairs and décor after event commences
- Learn the details of décor offerings for various events
- Take direction from the Banquet Manager
- Ensure all items placed on tables are clean and in accordance to Carmen’s Group standards
- Keep décor storage room clean and organized
- Communicate with Décor and Set Up team
- Make a difference in the lives of each and every one of our guests by directly contributing to their extraordinary experiences
- Exercise good judgment and demonstrate leadership abilities
- Drive positive change in the organization
- Other duties as assigned
DÉCOR AND SET UP PERSONNEL POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Friendly, professional and customer service focused
- Positive, outgoing and friendly team player
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
- Hospitality experience an asset
- Transportation required
- Ability to work early morning shifts required
WHAT CAN WE OFFER?
- Competitive wage package
- Flexible work schedule
- Staff recognition, years of service rewards
- Group RRSP
- Hotel discounts
- Staff recognition
- Wellbeing programs
- Participation in staff events
- Opportunities for growth and a chance to play a role in our vision to continue being innovators and industry champions within the Hamilton hospitality community
Carmen’s Group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s, and The Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen’s Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen’s Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
How to ApplyPlease email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in the subject line of the email what position you are applying for.
615 total views, 7 today