Contract Collections Agent – Business to Business
Our client is looking for a strong Collections Representative with experience granting credit in addition to collections. Collecting past due balances – Business to Business, resolving vendor disputes, enforcing credit policy, monitoring aging and identifying credit worthiness vendors to grow Commercial business.
Credit & Collections
- Proactively work with vendors to secure payment on outstanding balances. This will include phone calls, emails and formal correspondence to various levels within a vendors’ organization as required.
- Work with the vendor to resolve disputes including working with AR Administrators and Billing team to resolve payment application and billing issues
- Professional communication to vendors using email and telephone to notify vendor of account details such as past due balances, credit limit changes, and resolving payment reconciliation issues
- Record vendor interactions in Peoplesoft
- Escalate and work with Team Lead and Manager to address vendor issues preventing them from making a payment
- Perform monthly risk review with Manager to determine at risk accounts and any other issues delaying payment
- Work with team lead in determining strategy on delinquent accounts, recommendations on payment plans, credit hold, and 3rd party options. Provide communication with internal stakeholders of the decisions.
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders, such as the Sales organizations, IT, accounting, and others, to continuously look for opportunities to improve processes, reduce root cause for vendor claims, increase vendor service levels.
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts and process any required adjustments (i.e. write-off, small adjustment, etc.) in Peoplesoft
- Promote payment options with focus on EFT and credit card to reduce transit time
Vendor Service (B2B only)
- Support 1-800 line for vendor service inquiries and actions items from a call. I.E. incorrect payment applications, account adjustments, billing errors, disputed invoices and other inquiries
- Support credit application email. Review credit applications & credit limit requests with supporting agency documentation as per policy and approval limits
- Proactive communication with store locations on commercial business account transaction procedures
- Business degree (preferred) or College diploma in commerce or accounting with a minimum of 5 years related experience in AR collections
- In pursuit, CCP or other accounting designation considered an asset
- Strong verbal, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated commitment to providing superior customer service
- B to B collections and credit granting experience required.
- Would be an asset to know PeopleSoft or any oracle platform.
- Some cash application experience is an asset.
- Should be familiar with the credit approval process including using D&B reports
- Highly dependable with great organizational skills in order to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Oracle PeopleSoft ERP system knowledge is an asset
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office specifically intermediate Excel skill level
- Able to effectively prioritize activities and perform duties with minimal supervision
How to ApplyInterested and qualified candidates are invited to apply with their resumes in Word document directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Collections Agent, Burlington” in the subject line or call 416-927-7575 ext 228
313 total views, 5 today