McMaster University is a world renowned University known for research intensity and excellent work environment. We were recently named the 8th most research intensive University in Canada, and one of Hamilton-Niagara’s Top Employers for 2017.
|Location||McMaster University, 1280 Main St. W., Hamilton|
|Department||Residence Facilities Services and Facility Services|
|Salary Range||$18.73 – $18.73 (hourly) and shift premium pay as applicable|
|Hours per Week||40||24 – 40|
|Schedule||Temporary- Thursday to Monday nights
Temporary- Monday to Friday Days
Full-Time Afternoons, Wednesday-Sunday
|Days or Nights
|Education Level||Ontario Post-Secondary Diploma or equivalent is required. Must demonstrate the ability to speak, understand and read English.|
|Job Description Summary|
· Cleaning classrooms, labs, offices, washrooms, residences etc. in a specified area.
· Floor maintenance including sweeping, mopping, spray buffing, waxing etc.
· General cleaning includes dusting, extended washing
· Light moving of furniture and equipment.
· Waste disposal and collection.
· Responsible for unlocking and locking buildings on campus.
· Respond to calls in a timely fashion for emergency cleaning.
· Follow prescribed work schedules and understand verbal and written instructions.
|Skills and Abilities|
|· Ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
· Must understand the concept of customer service and deliver on it.
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work independently, show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to learn.
· Ontario Class “G” license in good standing would be an asset
· Ability to demonstrate the departmental values of Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Integrity, Trust and Perseverance
How to ApplyHow to Apply: Email or fax your application to: Full-Time Afternoons, Wednesday-Sunday Steve Harrison, Residence Custodial Coordinator Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 905-529-3319 Night Shift Casual or Night Shift Temporary Full-Time Cleaners Cathy Kelly, Service Manager, Nights Email: email@example.com Fax: 905-525-5493 Casual Days or Temporary and Full-Time Days Nick Kontonis and Janice Flynn, Service Coordinator/Manager Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com Fax: 905-528-4116 If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact the Human Resources Service Centre at ext. 222-HR (27482). Employment Equity Statement In keeping with its Statement on Building an Inclusive Community with a Shared Purpose, McMaster University strives to embody the values of respect, collaboration and diversity, and has a strong commitment to employment equity. The diversity of our workforce is at the core of our innovation and creativity and strengthens our research and teaching excellence. The University seeks qualified candidates who share our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion. While all qualified candidates are invited to apply, we particularly welcome applications from women, persons with disabilities, First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples, members of visible minorities, and LGBTQ+ persons. Job applicants requiring accommodation to participate in the hiring process should contact the Human Resources Service
1934 total views, 4 today