Full-Time BH3309-Custodian Appleby College #Halton #Oakville #employment #jobs
Sunday to Thursday 3 p.m. to 1a.m.
*Occasional weekend shifts as required*
$14.00/hour – Benefits after 3 months
Uniforms and shoes supplied
- Cleans an assigned work area in accordance to company and contractual standards
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs, common areas, classes, bathrooms and office space.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Cleans furniture.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Shampoos and cleans carpets.
- May buff and polish floors.
- Any other custodial duties as required
Knowledge and Skills – Will Train:
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position.
- Ability to effectively communicate and receive information in a manner easily understood by fellow employees.
- Previous custodial experience would be an asset but will train
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Team player and works well with others.
- Reports to the Custodial Manager
- Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated.
- Physical Demands:
- Physically demanding
- Long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying and lifting of cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment.
* Public transportation is only available on a limited basis
How to ApplyPlease send a resume and cover letter via email to Carolyn McCleister, email@example.com no later than July 31, 2018. Please ensure that your resume is attached to the email as indicated:
- Your resume is saved with your name e.g. “Fred Smith Resume for ABC Cleaning” or “Fred Smith Cover for ABC Cleaning”
- Your email should explain what position you are applying for and should be signed off with your name
- If you are a Goodwill Client, please copy (CC) your Career Development Specialist and Job Developer in the email.
310 total views, 1 today