Full-Time BH 3304-Custodial Appleby College #Oakville #employment #Halton #jobs
Position Title: Custodian
Monday to Thursday 6:00a.m. – 3:00p.m. and Friday 5:00a.m. to 3:00p.m.
*Occasional weekend shifts as required*
- Cleans an assigned work area in accordance to company and contractual standards
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, polishes floors and vacuums hallways, stairs, common areas, classes, bathrooms and office space.
- Empties trash and garbage containers.
- Cleans furniture.
- Notifies supervisor concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
- Shampoos and cleans carpets.
- May buff and polish floors.
- Collect campus garbage using a golf cart
- Any other custodial duties as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Applies basic skills and may develop advanced skills using tools and equipment appropriate for the position.
- Ability to effectively communicate and receive information in a manner easily understood by fellow employees.
- Previous custodial experience would be an asset but will train
- Works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures and written instructions to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Team player and works well with others.
- Reports to the Custodial Manager
- Work is performed in an area that is adequately lighted and ventilated.
- Physical Demands:
- Physically demanding
- Long periods of walking, standing, bending, carrying and lifting of cleaning supplies and cleaning equipment.
* Public transportation is available on a limited basis *
How to ApplyIf you are applying for this position it is important to follow these instructions to its entirety. Qualified and interested applicants please email your resume to Job Developer Carolyn McCleister, email@example.com by May 31, 2018, with BH3304 Custodial in the subject line. Please ensure that your resume is attached to the email as indicated:
- Your resume is saved with your name e.g. “Fred Smith Resume for ABC Cleaning” or “Fred Smith Cover for ABC Cleaning”
- Your email should explain what position you are applying for and should be signed off with your name
- If you are a Goodwill Client, please copy (CC) your Career Development Specialist and Job Developer in the email.
295 total views, 4 today