Part-Time BH3283- Part Time Sales Associate #Halton #Oakville #Employment #Jobs
The Home Depot – Sales Associate
Working here is about more than helping customers choose the right product. It’s about making a difference in their lives. We call it “unleashing your inner orange” and it’s the ability to tap into our inner potential to help customers create a space worth calling home. It takes true passion for helping people to work at the Home Depot. It goes beyond selling a flower or selecting the right nail. It’s about making a difference in our customers’ lives and in their homes. If you love helping others and thrive in a diverse, collaborative, team environment, then you too can unleash your inner orange and build a rewarding career at The Home Depot Canada.
Job Description /Position Purpose:
Customer Service/Sales Associates provide fast, friendly service by actively seeking out customers to assess their needs and provide assistance. Customer Service/Sales Associates have an emphasis on department and product knowledge, providing information on product features, and knowing related items to sell an entire project. Associates in this position know how to greet, qualify, recommend and close a sale with every customer in their department, and know how to handle basics in adjacent departments. Customer Service/Sales Associates maintain the in-stock condition of assigned areas, and ensure that it is clean and safe. These associates work in cooperation with their Department Supervisor and other associates in their department as well as other sales departments. Specific store departments may include Lumber, Building Materials, Paint, Hardware, Electrical, Plumbing, Seasonal and Tool Rental.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Provide fast, friendly service
- Actively seek out customers
- Ask open ended questions about customer’s projects in
- order to determine their needs and level of expertise
- When necessary, handle several customers at once
- Is knowledgeable about products and services offered by
- The Home Depot
- Describe features and benefits of merchandise
- Explain the steps needed to complete projects and the
- products needed
- Acquire beginner product knowledge in adjacent
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency with computers
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- 1-2+ years of customer service experience
- Trade experience is an asset
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to forward a resume with a cover letter to:
Carolyn McCleister: email@example.com
Please indicate the Position in the Subject Line.
PLEASE NOTE: Home Depot will be onsite at the GOODWILL CAREER CENTERS JOB FAIR:
FEBRUARY 15TH 9:00 am- 12:00 pm. Mainway Auditorium 4015, Burlington.
Drop By for A CHANCE TO BE INTERVIEWED ON THE SPOT!
166 total views, 6 today